FULL MOON IN LIBRA
March 23, 2016
Planet: Venus // Sign: Libra // Element: Air
Welcome to the Full Moon in Libra! This is a sign kissed by the element of air and ruled by the witty, glamorous, and tastefully loving planet, Venus. The Libra's symbol is represented by a perfectly balanced scale. Balance is key in all aspects of life, but this Full Moon in Libra is particularly asking us to pay attention to the balance of our relationship with the Self, with others, with inanimate objects, and the overall world around us. We are being asked to think about what brings us a sense of cohesion, unity, social grace and ease. In order for our external relationships to be healthy and coincide, our internal relationship must be well and balanced. With this energy in the air, the Libra is calling us to keep a mindful approach towards ourselves, our relationships with others, and how we can better support symmetry in our lives.
The truth is, everything is meant to happen, and everything that happens, happens for a reason. No matter how confusing the fluctuations of life may appear on the surface, every shift is rooted in change for the better. In the end, without change, there would be no growth. In the grace of this Full Moon, may we shed light on what is out of balance. May we cleanse ourselves of the stale and make room for the new.
May this enlightenment serve as a reminder to reunite with our harmonious heart center -- the ultimate balancer of scales.
Trust your heart in these endeavors, and in so doing, you will always find your sense of balanced bliss.
11 SACRED STEPS
a guided meditation
1. Observe your surroundings.Find a comfortable seat and look all around you, fully placing yourself in your space. Become present and aware of what is right here, right now.
2. Notice the essentials.Pinpoint the items or energies around you that contribute positively and profoundly to your daily life.
3. Notice any clutter.Take note of the items or energies around you that might cause a draining or depleting feeling.
4. Close the physical eyes.Set your eyes still on a single point on the ground. Let the eyelids become heavy and turn your gaze inward.
5. Open the spiritual eye.Look in an up towards the center point of your brow to unlock the 3rd Eye 'Command Center' of the body.
6. Balance the body.Feel your spine align from the base of your seat to the very top of your head as if you had a tether tied at either end, pulling you in two opposite directions.
7. Balance the mind.Allow the mind to soften, spreading the space between the brow apart, while relaxing across the temples and finding a sense of ease around the ears.
8. Balance the spirit.Become receptive and observant to the fluctuations of energy around you, above you, below you, within in you and seek equilibrium by focusing on the breath.
9. Listen to it's call.Tunnel all distractions around you into the sound, the sensation, the symphony of the breath within your space.
10. Be present in the shift.Become a resonating chamber for your breath, transmuting the draining energy into a wholehearted release of that which does not serve you.
11. Find fresh perspective.When you feel comfortable, flutter your eyes open see your space the way you left it, but with a new set of eyes. Embrace the positive which surrounds you as a blessing, and gently confront the negative as you prepare to gracefully let it go.
Rose QuartzAmplifies the heart space in all loving ways while easing and protecting one from any sense of loneliness or despair.
Fluorite OctahedronAura cleanser and mind organizer. This stone reminds one of what is essential and what is not.
Chakra: Heart, Throat, & 3rd Eye
JadeThe stone of luck, love, and a happily fulfilled life. Use this stone to inspire and attract positive energy into your life.
Copal Palo Santo Incense Kit by 'URB Apothecary'
Chalkboard & Chalk.
Libra Moon Tea: Abhwagandha, Cardamom, Hawthorne Berry, Holy Basil, Mellissa, Rose, Yerba Mate.
Venus inspired Libra Moon Oil: Geranium, Bergamot, Patchouli, Ylang-Ylang, Lavender, with Floating Raspberry Leaf.
Wearable Gem - Aventurine Earrings by 'Kaleidoshop'
'Spring Cleaning for the Spirit'
Ritual DirectionsHappy Full Moon in Libra, dear MoonBox Community! With our mother moon fully illuminated in the stars of balance and equilibrium, you might begin to feel an airy spring in your step and an excitement in the air. As the Libra’s element is air, there is a whisper in the wind beckoning us to begin clearing out the old to make room for the new. AND, at the very same time, spring has sprung with the newness of the Spring Equinox! We all know the thing about spring cleaning, though. Procrastination might try to hold you hostage. But, convince yourself to take that brave first step anyway and begin the cleansing process. Once you feel the refreshing relief and spaciousness just one act of release can do, your own desire for internal harmony and balance will keep you going.
For this month’s full moon ritual, we are vowing to stay tethered to the cycle of the moon as it begins to wane. After the moon reaches peak fullness, it begins the waning process, in which it becomes smaller and smaller, shedding light day by day until it is new again. Tonight, we will meditate on what we need to let go of with our 11 Sacred Steps. Over the course of the 14 days, we will let go of one thing, whether it be an emotion, a thought pattern, physical tension or gripping, a inanimate object... anything that you might unnecessarily be holding onto.
We have provided you with a mini chalkboard & chalk to remind you of what you choose to let go of with each day of the waning moon. Place this somewhere you will see it regularly, so that your awareness is constantly being brought back to the concept of letting go. In doing so, you will create more space in your life for activities, relationships, and experiences that bring you joy. Do your best to focus on the welcoming positive new energy, instead of focusing on the difficulty of letting go. We hold onto so many things we don’t need. Grudges, shame, regret, resentment, attachments, aversions, affinities… the list goes on.
Imagine how much love, laughter, compassion, connection, and BLISS could live just beyond the boundaries of our egos. The ego clings to fear, but the spirit inspires courage out of gratitude and devotion.
Listen to your spirit, it will never steer you wrong.
This Full Moon in Libra surrounding the energy of the Spring Equinox, become devoted to removing that which holds you back from being truly grateful, for the essential gifts our Mother GAIA gives us everyday -- air to breathe, water to drink, food to eat, the opportunity to love and be loved. Life is all about finding a sense of balance, stability, and joy in the simplicity of being alive.
Go ahead and live the life your spirit longs for! We promise, you won’t regret it.
Thank you, again, for choosing to be a part of our MoonBox Community!
We appreciate any and all feedback you have to offer. We want to encourage community and connection, because together we grow and together we heal. Don't forget to share your experience on social media using the hashtags #moonboxcOMmunity and #moonboxtribe.
Last but not least, stay tuned for a link to our MoonBox Podcast. All the information you see here, recorded as a guided meditation and ritual by our co-Founders Missy Shaw & Paula Pavlova.